Friends of the Haverford Township Free Library
April 13, 2013
Present: Janae Alberts, Nicole Bruno, Christine Faris, Angela Gasparro, Vickie Godomski, Roger Jack, Paul Kinney, Gerry Radack, Richard Romejko, Stephen Schweers, Nikki Senecal, Tim Woestman
Absent: Katrine Fantini, Patti McFadden
Meeting called to order: 6:25
All reports were accepted.
Vickie showed us the new membership form.
Nominations Committee presented this slate:
Vickie Godomski, president
Janae Alberts, vp
Patti McFadden, treasurer
Nicole Bruno, secretary
We will have to announce voting on Patch, blog, FB before the May 8th meeting. A question was raised that in the future we may wish to make an event of voting to get members to attend.
By-laws were discussed. Richard said the structure was always meant to be “loosey-goosey” but there are things we aren’t doing that we say we (will) do. The by-laws may need some tweaks. We will establish a committee to address this.
HTFL connection going out, will highlight Friends membership drive, coffee tasting, garden tour, beach bag book sale, and May 8 meeting.
Gala 10/26 at McCall—masquerade theme.
Thanks for the mobile computer lab. The staff is being trained on its use soon. Very exciting.
Sound system will be installed in April.
Membership Drive: every day is covered. Please double check the schedule and sign up to work if you haven’t. The materials for the drive will be stored in the basket.
Garden Tour: Four gardens are secured plus the “Triangle” Garden at Darby Road. There is another community garden that will be included. We should be fine for gardens. We will need everyone to host gardens. Preview will be Friday before and the Grange is hosting the post-event gathering. Can we make tickets available online? Nicole will make the button. Roger will create a new page. Stephen has photographs.
Stephen Schweers went to a gathering of Friends groups.
- Most have smaller memberships than we do; though one group has 700 members.
- Delco Library Wesbite has Reference USA where you can download 50 names and addresses at a time and search by population and zip code to find residents. Also lists monthly new home sales
- Promotional materials can be sent bulk for .17 each. (Lots of people expressed displeasure having experienced organizing bulk mailings by zip code.)
- Fundraiser ideas: costume jewelry sale (run like book sale) raised $3000; another group did the same with handbags and raised a similar amount.
- The group is planning on quarterly meetings and Stephen said it would be worth attending.
Please promote the Garden Sale.
DCLS district meeting. Saturday, April 27. We must have representatives attend. Roger and Vickie volunteered.
Nicole suggested a gaming tournament as a fundraiser with WII bowling: late fall/winter.
Should we donate to the After prom party for Haverford? No
Next meeting: 5/8/13