Friends of the HTFL Book Donation Policy
We are not currently accepting book donations. Please hold donations until further notice.
The Friends of the Haverford Township Free Library appreciate the donation of books and other materials of value. This policy serves to clarify which items are desirable, acceptable, and useful. Donated items are evaluated according to the same criteria as items purchased by the library, and accepted only with the explicit understanding that they may be retained, discarded, and used at the discretion of the Friends. Please understand that we have to be selective because of storage limitations and the labor involved in sorting the many items.
Donated materials may not be left outside the library or in the book drop. Please bring donations into the library during regular business hours.
Please do not place donations in the book or video returns.
Criteria for acceptance of book donations
- Items must be in good condition (ie. Books should have covers, no underlining and must not be musty or dirty)
- Items must be suitable for the Library’s collection
- Items must be given without condition
- Paperback books, both fiction and non-fiction
- Hardcover books, both fiction and non-fiction
- Books on CD
Donations NOT Accepted
- Reference Sets
- Books in poor condition (ie. missing pages, without covers, yellowed, musty, water damaged, insect infested, with markings or underlining)
- Outdated informational books